INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV/02/01/2019: CHIEF PROGRAMMING OFFICER – SS BE 4 (1 POSITION)
While reporting to the Controller of Programmes, the Chief Programming Officer will be responsible of coordinating television traffic, transmission and daily logging activities in relation to daily routine sheets and service contracts/commercials.
- Managing the implementation of all transmission promotional/programming activities.
- Liaising with local and foreign programme suppliers for program availability
- Handling inquiries from clients and viewers
- Coordinating commercials and transmission control
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Broadcast Journalism/Social Sciences or any other related field from a recognized institution, plus
- Four (4) years professional work experience in television production
- Diploma in TV production/Media Technology or its equivalent, plus
- Five (5) years professional work experience in television production
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Senior Programmes Officer SS BE 5/Programmes Officer SS BA 1 or similar positions for at least three (3) years
- Managerial, leadership, negotiation and communication skills
- Business orientation
- Wide experience in programme production and programming
- Training in Digital Media will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100