INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV /04/01/2019: CHIEF DESIGN OFFICER – SS BE 4 (1 POSITION)
While reporting to the Principal Design Officer/Head of Design, the Chief Design Officer will be responsible for the day today running of the design section and advising the Corporation on all matters pertaining to the look and feel (Creative and scheduled outlook).
- Manage a team of Designers
- Interpret and distribute briefs to designers
- Presenting options for Design treatments
- Proofreading and preparing designs for broadcast
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in media particularly design software
through continuous research
- Bachelors degree in Design or any other related field from a recognized institution, plus
- Four (4) years professional work experience in Television graphics and set design
- Diploma in Graphic Design/Television Graphics, plus
- Five (5) years professional work experience in a television / film facility.
- IT Proficiency
- Good knowledge of 3D and 4D software
- Good working knowledge of Adobe creative suite (in design, Photoshop, illustrator, 3DMAX, After Effects, Adobe premiere Avid, CINEMA 4D)
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Senior Design Officer SS BE 5/Design Officer I SS BA 1 or similar positions for at least three (3) years
- Managerial, leadership, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Training in Digital Media will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100