INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms. The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: DP/02/02/2019: DIGITAL CHIEF SUB-EDITOR (SS BE4 – SS BE3) – (1) POSITION
While reporting to the Digital Chief Sub-Editor, the job holder will be responsible for creating, commissioning and managing content for the digital platform, work with Editorial to ensure that content is fit for the digital platform, identify and break stories, and work with Commercial advertising requirements.
- Enacting the news editorial policy of the corporation
- Taking responsibility for the social media platforms news areas, ensuring consistence in quality, plenty of visuals and timely uploads
- Taking a quality control oversight of other website content to ensure clear and logical writing, sensible links to connected areas, and striking relevant images
- Researching and covering news stories, features, specialist interviews and other original content
- Originating new ideas, and proposing ways to pull together or link stories thematically and geographically, and to add in depth coverage on issues
- Maintaining close working relationships with staff from the News Editorial Team and keeping abreast with the latest fixes and developments
- Ensuring compliance with normal legal frameworks by applying the laws of copyright and defamation and referring to Legal Office for interpretation in case of doubt
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communication and /or related field.
- At least three (3) years proven experience as a journalist writing for significant news operations, broadcast or print, or associated online service, possibly a local newspaper or radio/TV station, or mainstream website.
- An in depth and extensive understanding of news and a good instinct for a story.
- A demonstrated knowledge on visual layout and photography, a sound grounding in the legal framework of journalism and an understanding of social issues.
- Supervision skills
- Editing of website content skills
- Knowledge of word processing and web publishing software
Organization Skills Required
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to acquire on the job new technical skills
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Apt decision making on problem solving
- Strong communication skills
If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees. The position is also open to those who are currently serving or have served the Corporation on short-term / temporary contracts.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 22nd February, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100