INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms. The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: DP/03/02/2019: DIGITAL CHIEF PRODUCER (SS BE4 – SS BE3) – (1) POSITION
While reporting to the Digital Manager, the job holder will be responsible for creating, managing and updating multimedia content for websites, social media and mobile applications. This may include Web analytics, keywords and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Enacting the editorial policy of KBC
- Producing content daily across KBC websites and social media channels. This will mainly involve the creation of website articles (with supporting graphics), but also includes video, photos, graphics and audio
- Ensuring and / or checking compliance with normal legal frameworks, including copyright and defamation
- Checking all compliance and legal issues with the Digital Manager if in doubt, and as a matter of course on sensitive, difficult or high profile stories
- Contributing to other areas of KBC work, including live events
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- Three (3) years’ experience producing web and social media content
- Ability to write, edit and proof-read quality written content
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and other analytics tools
- Knowledge of industry best-practices, including content delivery standards and usability
- Strong skills in industry-standard Adobe photo, audio and video editing software
Organization Skills Required
- Work under minimum supervision
- Produce quality content to deadline
- Highly literate in IT and the web and skilled at visual layout, and handling photographs
- Ability to work under pressure against deadlines
If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees. The position is also open to those who are currently serving or have served the Corporation on short-term / temporary contracts.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 22nd February, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100