Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services. The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
The following vacant positions exist under Radio, ICT, Technical and Legal Departments. Qualified internal/external staff are encouraged to apply.
RE: RAD/01/07/2016: RADIO PROGRAMMES MANAGER – SS BE 1 (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Radio Programmes Manager will be responsible for developing, directing and controlling the vision, mission, goals, strategies, policies and processes for Radio Department in line with radio market dynamics and KBC Corporate strategies, targets, obligations, regulations and approved procedures.
Three (3) years renewable contract based on positive performance output.
- Setting Departmental goals, performance targets, positioning strategies and work plans for the Department in line with Corporate strategic plan, Board and Management resolutions and other public interest, commercial and listener strategic considerations
- Interpreting and enforcing Corporate goals and strategies within the Department
- Formulating and implementing approved Radio programmes and Radio Stations strategic plans
- Principal accounting and advising officer on all radio matters within the Department
- Budgeting and Accounting for the Departmental expenditure
- Facilitating Radio broadcasts and programme services
- Formulating and implementing approved Radio Services proposals, concepts, pilots and programmes based on budget projections, value and relevance of the idea, its conformity to Editorial policy and station style as well as availability of required resources
- Conducting staff performance appraisals and coordinating continuous improvement initiatives in the Department
- Responsible for the overall discipline and performance of staff in the Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Broadcast Journalism, Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Diploma in Radio Production, Mass Communication or Broadcast Journalism
- Ten (10) years working experience. Must have served in the position of Assistant Radio Programmes Manager or its equivalent for at least three (3) years; OR as Station Manager or its equivalent for a period of five (5) years or its equivalent in a reputable broadcast media organization of similar size to KBC
- Must be conversant with contemporary and future trends and dynamics of broadcast media industry.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th August, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.