EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms. The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: ED/01/07/2018: NEWS ANCHOR CUM REPORTER BA 2 – BA 3 (ENGLISH 4 POSITIONS / KISWAHILI – 4 POSITIONS)
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the job holder will be responsible for anchoring news bulletins, conducting on location and studio interviews as well as general news reporting duties.
Three (3) years contract renewable subject to positive performance output.
- Anchoring English or Kiswahili bulletins as allocated
- Reporting on daily and breaking news as directed by the Editor on duty
- Conducting studio or location interviews
- Working on well researched news and feature stories when not on anchoring duties
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Corporation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a Diploma in Communication, Journalism, Media Studies or related field from a recognized institution
- KCSE C and above with minimum of C+ in English and /or Kiswahili
- One year (1) working experience in television news or radio news production.
- Must have demonstrated professionalism and positive ability in work performance
- High command of English and/or Kiswahili languages
- Must be a photogenic and camera friendly individual
- Be familiar with public service news broadcasting
- Have an understanding of the media law
- Must be profoundly articulate in English and/or Kiswahili language(s)
- Must have a good voice
- Must possess good or basic research, interviewing and reporting skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and beyond normal working hours
- High integrity, good interpersonal skills and teamwork
- Ability to translate from English to Kiswahili or vice versa will be an added advantage
- Membership to a registered professional body is desirable
- Must be computer literate.
If you meet the above qualifications and criteria, please submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 28th August, 2018. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Those who had applied need not to apply.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.’’