INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV/01/01/2019: CONTROLLER OF TV PROGRAMMES – SS BE 3 (1 POSITION)
While reporting to the Assistant Television Programmes Manager, the Controller of TV Programmes will coordinate the production of all local content, allocate duties to producers, approve programme concepts, ensure payment of programmes as approved, and liaise with programming and design sections to attain high quality content for the Corporation.
- Co-ordination of local productions by ensuring required facilities are availed and utilized optimally.
- Guiding the planning, research, production and transmission of locally produced content
- Participating in Departmental planning meetings and preparing quarterly plans and reports for the section.
- Liaising with other Heads of Sections in the Department (design or programming) to facilitate timely provision of content and seamless transitions of transmission of programmes
- Check payment for in-house productions to ensure they are in line with approved budgets.
- Guide and contribute to programme concepts, development and approval processes
- Undertaking annual budgeting and acquisition of programmes for scheduling from local and foreign distributors
- Managing required high quality level of service to the audience
- Manages staff deployment in the section and supervises functions of the section
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Broadcast Journalism or any other related field from a recognized institution, plus
- Five (5) years professional work experience in television production
- Diploma in TV Production/Media Technology or its equivalent from a recognized institution, plus
- Seven (7) years professional work experience in television production
- Masters degree in Journalism/Communication or related field will be an added advantage
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Chief Producer/Chief Programmes Officer SS BE 4 or Senior Producer/Senior Programmes Officer SS BE 5 or similar positions for at least four (4) years
- Managerial, leadership, negotiation and communication skills
- IT proficiency
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100