INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV/03/01/2019: CHIEF PRODUCER – SS BE 4 (1 POSITION)
While reporting the Controller of Programmes, the Chief Producer will be responsible for supervising and producing TV programmes.
- Creativity, innovativeness, and dynamism in production of content
- Supervising and guaranteeing quality of television programmes
- Ensuring the television producers are facilitated to ensure high standards are attained and maintained
- Supervising the maintenance of up-to-date television archives
- Preparing and presenting budgets for programmes productions
- Coordinating with the Controller of Programmes and the Technical Services Department to ensure availability of required facilities for productions e.g. cameras, editing facilities and transport
- Research and Scripting for programmes
- Directing studio and location recording of programmes
- Coordinating post-production editing of programmes and counter-checking performing artists/contracted staff payments
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Broadcast Journalism or any other related field from a recognized institution, plus
- Four (4) years professional work experience in television production
- Diploma in TV production/Media Technology or its equivalent, plus
- Five (5) years professional work experience in television production
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Senior Producer SS BE 5/Producer I SS BA 1 or similar positions for at least three (3) years
- Managerial, leadership, negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Business orientation
- IT Proficiency
- Training in Digital Media will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100