INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV/05/01/2019: PRODUCER I & II – SS BA 1 (2 POSITIONS) & BA 2 (2 POSITIONS)
While reporting to the Senior Producer, the Producers will be responsible for producing TV programmes.
- Creating programme concepts, producing, directing and post-production of TV programmes
- Liaising with resource people to conduct research and audition for TV roles.
- Operating programme specific social media platforms for visibility
- Producing programme scripts
- Developing programmes, budgets and preparing payments of programme artists
- Bachelors degree in Communication/Broadcast Journalism or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years professional work experience in television production
- Diploma in TV production/Mass communication/Media Technology or its equivalent
- Five (5) years professional work experience in television production
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Producer II SS BA 2/Assistant Producer SS BA 3 or similar positions for at least three (3) years
- High level of creativity, integrity and team spirit
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, keen and able to work with minimal supervision
- IT Proficiency
- Training in Digital Media will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100