INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV /06/01/2019: PROGRAMME OFFICER I – II SS BA 1 (1 POSITION) & BA 2 (3 POSITIONS)
While reporting to the Programme Officer I, the Programme Officer II will be responsible for transmission control, lining up, scheduling, previewing programmes and producing programme promos.
- Supervising preview and logging activities
- Preparing daily programme highlights
- Participating in programme acquisition
- Maintaining an up to date database of all programmes acquired by the station
- Bachelors degree in Communication or Broadcast Journalism or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years professional work experience in television production
- Diploma in Mass Communication/Media Technology or its equivalent
- Five (5) years professional work experience in television production
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Assistant Programmes Officer II SS BA 3 or a similar position for at least three (3) years
- IT Proficiency
- High level of creativity, integrity and team spirit
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, keen and able to work with minimal supervision
- Training in Digital Media will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100