INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to internally fill the following vacant positions under Television Programmes Department with dynamic, self-driven and result-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
RE: TV/07/01/2019: DESIGN OFFICER II – SS BA 2 (4 POSITIONS)
Reporting to Senior Design Officer, the Design Officers will be responsible for execution of design briefs and creation of design solutions that have a high visual impact.
- Supervising artisans who work to specific detail
- Listening to clients and understanding their needs
- Contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief
- Interpreting the clients business needs and developing the concept to suit their purpose
- Creating graphics as per design briefs i.e. graphics, set, exhibition or branding
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media especially design software
- Bachelors degree in Design or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years professional work experience in television and graphics set design.
- Diploma in Graphic Design/Television Graphics
- Five (5) years professional work experience in a television / film facility.
- Good working knowledge of 3D and 4D software
- Must have served satisfactorily in the level of Assistant Design Officer SS BA 3/Design Assistant SS BA 4 or similar positions for at least three (3) years
- IT Proficiency
- will be an added advantage
- High level of creativity, integrity and team spirit
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, keen and able to work under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Training in Digital Media will be an added advantage
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 19th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
AG. MANAGING DIRECTOR
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100