Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a state corporation established by an Act of parliament CAP 221 of the Laws of Kenya to provide independent and impartial broadcasting services of information, education and entertainment and in English and Kiswahili and in such other languages that the corporation may decide.
Kenya’s most reliable, dynamic and trusted broadcaster.
To provide leadership in transmission of objective, informative, educative and entertaining content to the public through high quality broadcasts.
KBC QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is committed to providing objective, informative, educative and entertaining content to our customers through high quality broadcasts.
The Corporation shall:
- Endeavour to contribute to the economic, educational, cultural and social well-being of Kenyans by embracing best practices and values, as we discharge our Public Broadcasting mandate;
- Satisfy applicable requirements and continually improve by implementing a Quality Management System based on ISO 9001:2015; and
- Review established Quality Objectives on an annual basis to reflect emerging Customer aspirations and priorities.
- Quality services
- Innovation and creativity
- Social responsibility
- Competitiveness and value for money
- Honesty and integrity
- Respect for national, cultural, religious, family values and diversity
- Increased understanding among the people on the government development policies and strategies.
- Impart knowledge on the process of effective communication with key publics.
- Promote an effective approach to the use of radio and television as tools for National Development.