Gov Mvurya distances himself from cancellation of CORD rally

By Kennedy Epalat

Kwale Governor Salim Mvurya has refuted claims of being behind the cancellation of an opposition rally convened by Mombasa Governor Hassan Joho in Kinango town on Thursday.

Mvurya who decamped from the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) for Jubilee last year, said he had no authority over the police.

He told the opposition to stop dragging his name into their problems and instead seek an explanation from the County Security Committee as to why their planned rally was cancelled.

Mvurya was speaking at Mvindeni Biashara Centre in Ukunda where he received 130, 000 shillings worth of food donation for hunger-stricken residents in the region from Mwamko Mpya Welfare Group comprising local business people.

Organizers of the National Super Alliance event are blaming Governor Mvurya for the chaos that erupted after police used tear-gas to disperse opposition supporters and leaders who had gathered at the venue waiting for the arrival of Mr. Joho.

Police broke up the meeting as a helicopter carrying Joho and his Kilifi counterpart Amason Kingi was preparing to land.

  

Latest posts

700 patients recover from Covid-19 as 444 test positive

Christine Muchira

Dubat calls for stringent measures to stop diversion of relief food

Hunja Macharia

Education CS dismisses critics of Competency-Based Curriculum

Christine Muchira

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More