For the chicken meatballs
1 chicken breast, cut into thin strips
½ bell pepper chilli, chopped
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
For the coconut gravy
50g grated fresh coconut flesh
Liquid from one fresh coconut
½ lime, juice only
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ scotch bonnet chilli, chopped
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
100ml double cream
Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- To make the meatballs, place the chicken, chilli, chives and parsley in a food processor and blend into a mince mixture.
- Roll equal portions of the mince mixture into golf ball-size meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan. Add the meatballs and fry for two minutes to brown all over.
- Transfer the meatballs to a baking sheet and place in the oven to bake for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the coconut curry sauce, place the grated coconut, coconut liquid, lime juice, garlic, chilli, coriander and cream into a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook until reduced to a thick sauce, then pour into a warm bowl.
- To serve, place the meatballs into the bowl of coconut curry sauce and garnish with a few coriander leaves.