These cookies pair well with a glass of milk but any drink of choice will do.
Cookies are a great snack to have around the house. Not only do they come in handy when you’re in need of a sugary snack but they’re a good lifesaver when you have drop-in guests.
What you’ll need
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature or you can use Blueband or Prestige if you would prefer
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven on medium heat for about 15 minutes and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the mixture by heaping a tablespoon and placing the mixture onto parchment paper 2-3 inches apart or by baking 9 scoops(9 cookies) at a time. If you like thinner, chewier cookies, press down on the mixture slightly until it spreads out evenly.
- Bake on medium heat for 9-10 minutes, until the edges begin to brown and the centres are almost set. If they appear glossy in the centre, don’t worry, they will continue to set.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and leave it out to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing cookies from the pan to cool completely.
Serve with a glass of milk or a pairing of your choice.