Approximately 5 million Kenyans in Eastern region have registered for the Huduma Namba, with administrators confident of hitting the 8 million target.
Speaking after touring several registration centres in Embu County, Eastern regional commissioner Isaiah Nakoru called on Kenyans to continue registering saying it will enhance service delivery.
Nakoru said Kenyans should avoid the last minute rush by registering now saying there is no likelihood that the exercise will be extended.
The deadline for application will lapse on 17th May although Kenyans will continue registering after the deadline by visiting Chief’s offices in their localities.
This even as the Government dismissed circulating rumours that the Huduma Namba registration database had been hacked saying the online data bank is secure.
Already an estimated 23.5 million people have registered with more expected to register in the coming days.
Nakoru said Eastern has experienced a surge in the number of people turning up to register after different stakeholders debunked the myths earlier associated with Huduma Namba.
He also attributed the huge turnout to the calm security being experienced in most parts of the region, which has enabled the operation to move on smoothly.
Embu County Commissioner Abdullahi Galgalo, revealed that Embu County had attained 76 percent registration by Friday and is confident the number will rise in the remaining days