Kenya records highest recoveries as cases rise to 2,216

Written By: Claire Wanja
177

" We must all wear masks to protect ourselves and our loved ones or risk being infected or infecting others. We must take personal responsibility in this fight," Dr. Rashid Aman, CAS Health.

54 patients who have recovered from coronavirus disease have been discharged Wednesday recording this as the highest number of recoveries so far recorded since the government announced the first discharge case on 1st April, 2020.

KBC Radio_KICD Timetable

This now brings to 553 people the number of individuals who have recovered from the disease in the country.

Dr. Rashid Aman CAS Health made the remarks during the daily briefings.

123 people also tested positive from 2,112 samples tested in the last 24 hours bringing the total to 2,216.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

Total number of samples tested so far is 85,058.

Also Read  President Uhuru Kenyatta signs six Bills into Law

He said 90 of the new cases are males while 33 are female while age distribution is between 8 to 84 years.

Distribution by county was follows Nairobi 44, Mombasa 34, Busia 20, Uasin Gishu 12, Kajiado 3, Kiambu 3, Nyeri 3, Kilifi 2, Garissa 1 and Laikipia 1.

Nairobi 44 cases are from Westlands 9, Dagoretti North 4, Embakasi West 4, Embakasi South 3, Langata 3, Makadara 3 Mathare 3, Kasarani 3, Ruaraka and Kamukunji 1 case each.

Mombasa 34 cases are from Mvita 11, Jomvu 8, Changamwe 5, Likoni 4, Kisauni and Nyali have 3 cases each.

20 cases in Busia are all of truck drivers at the Malaba Border.

Also Read  COVID-19: 278 persons test positive as 3 succumb to virus

12 cases in Uasin Gishu are truck drivers at Turbo.

3 cases in Kajiado are all of truck drivers.

In Nyeri, 3 cases are from Nyeri Central 2 and Nyeri South 1.

In Garissa the one case is from Garissa town.

In Laikipia the one case is from Laikipia West.

Three more people succumbed to the disease.

” We have lost 3 patients from the disease, all of them males. Two are from Nairobi, while one is from Nyeri. The youngest one is a 12-year-old boy, who tested positive posthumously, while the other two are 41 years & 71 years of age. “Our heartfelt condolences to their families and friends.”

Also Read  Passengers flying to Kenya exempted from quarantine

The death toll from now stands at 74.

He at the same time thanked and pay tribute to the healthcare workers for the recovery success saying it demonstrates that, with good management, the disease, when clinically manifested, is curable and hence not a death sentence.

He however noted that it was disturbing that a few of people have reverted to business as usual.

“Some of our people are not wearing masks, or are wearing them improperly. This is unacceptable,” Said Dr. Rashid Aman.

He also cautioned  entertainment joints that have opened to full business without observing the social distancing rules.

 

 

 

KBC-You-tube-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think