Kericho Governor urges Counties to embrace women in leadership

Kericho is among leading Counties in Kenya that have embraced affirmative action in appointing women to leadership positions. 

Kericho Governor Prof. Paul Chepkwony, says 65 percent of Kericho County government employees are women while the remaining 35 percent are men.

Chepkwony also revealed that one third of all tenders in the County are allocated to women and youth, and urged them to capitalize on the opportunity.

“What a man can do, a woman can do better. Women give birth to men and so they are powerful and should not fear. They should come out and fight for opportunities and even senior positions in Governments,” He said.

At the same time, Chepkwony urged his counterparts in other Counties to involve more women and youth in leadership positions and job opportunities saying it will not only create equality but also enhance transformation in the society.

“Women are very educated and have great ideas that could transform the world. This is evident in the good leadership currently in Tanzania. President Samia Suluhu Hassan is such an inspiration to young girls and women globally. We have no option but to embrace and include women in leadership,” Chepkwony said.

On 25th March 2021 the Governor nominated Ms. Lily Chepngetich Ngok as the new Deputy Governor following the demise of Susan Kikwai, who succumbed to COVID-19.

The County Assembly of Kericho last week approved the nomination of Ms. Ngok and she is expected to be sworn in as the new Deputy Governor of Kericho County.

  

Latest posts

Karua appointed spokesperson of Mt. Kenya political group

Christine Muchira

Fire breaks out at Ofafa Jericho, Sigalame high schools

Christine Muchira

Missing scholar Abdiwahab reunites with family

Margaret Kalekye

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More