The government says there is no stopping implementation of the competence-based 6-3-3-3 curriculum that is set to replace the 8-4-4 system.
Education Cabinet Secretary Professor George Magoha who launched the national curriculum policy to guide the rollout said everything has been put in place to ensure success.
CS Prof. Magoha alongside other stakeholders including the Teachers Service Commission were at the Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development to launch the national curriculum policy
Prof. Magoha said the new policy will guide implementation of the competency-based curriculum that is currently being rolled out in pre-primary I and II, as well as Grade 1, 2 and 3.
Over 91,000 teachers have so far been trained on the new education system.
According to the Cabinet Secretary, the government will pull all stops to actualize the new curriculum despite opposition from some stakeholders such as the Kenya National Union of Teachers who were conspicuously missing at the launch.
In a letter to Prof. Magoha dated May 14, 2019, KNUT Secretary General Wilson Sossion said they had decided not to participate the exercise saying it is flawed, lacks legitimacy and public participation as is required by the Constitution.