Inspector General of police Japhet Koome has denied claims that officers were sent to raid former Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiangí’s house in Karen.
Koome said no such operation was sanctioned as claimed by Matiang'i's lawyers.
“There is no officer under the National Police Service was at the former CS home. We have checked and I can confirm that,” he said.
The Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission Chief Executive Officer Twalib Mbarak too denied his offciers were involved in the said attempted raid.
“We are not aware. Those, if any are not EACC officers. We have nothing against him,” he said.
This was in reaction to reports a group of police officers tried to access the former CS’ home in Karen on Wednesday night for a raid.
The officials who arrived in two unmarked cars claimed they were from EACC and Asset Recovery Agency (ARA).
“Those could be imposters if any. We don’t conduct raids and searches at night,” said a senior ARA official.
The denial by state agencies of the said attempted raid left many wondering who the people behind the same were.
Other officials said it is possible secret group with an agenda was behind the incident.
There are reports some government agencies have been conducting audit on former officials in readiness for action.
Matiangi had earlier on said he was informed there were plans for the said raid.