The verification of results from Kenya’s 2022 Presidential election has entered the fifth day amid anxiety amongst Kenyans.
In the 5 am presser given by IEBC Vice Chair Juliana Cherera on Sunday, 144 constituencies of the 290 constituencies plus one of the diaspora results have so far been verified.
The 2022 Presidential election pitting Azimio la Umoja One Kenya candidate Raila Odinga and Kenya Kwanza’s William Ruto was held on August 9th in the race to succeed President Uhuru Kenyatta.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) has until August 16 to declare the winner of the 2022 Presidential election.
IEBC is expected to verify all the Form 34Bs announced at the constituency level before declaring the winner of the Presidential election.
EXPLAINER: WHAT IS HAPPENING AT BOMAS
- Verification of transmitted image of Results Forms 34A against original Forms 34A
- Verification of constituencies Forms 34B against their respective original Forms 34k
- Collation of Form 34C and confirmation of Constitutional threshold of 50pc plus one vote and 25pc of the majority of counties
- Declaration of Presidential results
- Issuance of certificate to the President-elect