INTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of ICT, Innovations and Youth Affairs. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professional to achieve its Corporate objectives.
RE: DD/ 01/09/2021: MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (NEWS) SS BA 3 (1 POSITION)
Reports to the Chief Digital News Editor
• Preparing stories in all formats (audio, text, video and photo) for online platforms as per the Digital Policy
• Translating stories into English and Kiswahili
• Posting approved news in all formats (audio, text, video and photo) on the website and social media platforms
• Responding to feedback from audiences on the news website and Social Media platforms
• Generating a daily report on feedback
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Diploma in Journalism/Mass Communication
• Exceptional news reporting and feature writing/production skills in English/Kiswahili language
• Ability to package or repackage stories in all multimedia formats (audio, text, video and photo)
• Demonstrated online experience in producing high quality online content
• Must have a Certificate of Good Conduct
• At least three (3) years working experience in Journalism
• Must be computer literate.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 23rd September, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.