Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professional to achieve its Corporate objectives.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
RE: ED/01/11/2020: ASSISTANT EDITOR–IN–CHIEF SS BE 2 (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Editor-In–Chief as the principal assistant, the job holder will oversee daily operations of all desks including production of Radio and Television, English and Kiswahili editorial content in consultation with the Editor-In-Chief.
- Guiding news team on overall news coverage
- Enforcing editorial policy and standard operating procedures
- Chairing editorial meetings
- Coordinating live coverage for news events
- Coordinating breaking news coverage
- Guiding staff on news content development
- Coordinating research, scripting, packaging and airing of feature stories
- Planning and guiding coverage of special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field from a recognized institution
- Masters degree in Journalism or related field will be an added advantage
- Seven (7) years working experience in editorial management with at least four (4) years in a managerial position
- Must have demonstrated excellence in work performance
- Must have high command of English and Kiswahili languages, both written and spoken
- Good leadership, supervisory, inter-personal and communication skills
- High integrity, creativity and team player
- Membership with a recognized and regulated professional body is desirable
- Must be fully computer literate.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 1st December, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100