INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and other Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant position with a dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professional to achieve its Corporate objectives.
RE: ICT/ 01/04/2020: WEB ADMINISTRATOR SS BA 1 – BA 2 (1 POST)
The job holder will be responsible for the coding, innovative design and layout of our websites and web/mobile applications by building them from concept all the way to completion, maintaining and supporting them.
- Writing a well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practice
- Creating web based ICT systems, including intranet and web portals for the workflow of KBC’s business processes
- Integrating data from various back-end services and databases
- Gathering and refining specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
- Maintaining, expanding and scaling the Corporation’s websites and web/mobile applications
- Staying plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and applying them into operations and activities
- Overseeing maintenance and support for web hosting
- Gathering user requirements for product development
- Providing training and capacity building to users on the applications
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the ICT Manager
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science/IT/BIT/Telecommunications or related field
- Three years work experience in a highly paced web /mobile application development environment
- Proven work experience in web/mobile application development
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Proficiency in CMS technologies such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla and Laravel
- Must have a Certificate of Good Conduct
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 27th April, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.