INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Digital Economy. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audiences, customers and the public. The mandate of the Corporation is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio, Television and Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following positions under ICT Department with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
RE: ICTD/01/10/2022: WEBSITE ADMINISTRATOR–SS BA 1 (1 POSITION) – INTERNAL /EXTERNAL
The job holder is responsible for installing and maintaining the Network infrastructure, local area networks, wide area networks, virtual private networks, Internet based software and managing internet and mobile application systems in liaison with content producers for online services.
Three (3) years renewable contract based on performance.
- Carrying out online/internet-based applications and solutionsinstallation and maintenance
- Coordinating the connection of new buildings to the KBC ICT Network with vendors and contractors
- Ensuring the continuing operation and optimization of the ICT Networks including routers, switches, hubs, backup devices, cabling, operating systems, email/internet, printing, windows updates and virus protection
- Setting goals/ targets for the team
- Administering Internet access control and email content scanning software
- Managing and maintaining hardware servers and server software
- Specifying requirements for server hardware and software for website hosting
- Collecting and analyzing data to optimize performance
- Overseeing local area network and wide area network
- Designing website content and guide content producers
- Backing up files from web sites to local directories for recovery
- Implementing disaster recovery and business continuity strategy.
- Identifying problems uncovered by user feedback and correcting them
- Ensuring provision of technical support to digital content users
- Ensuring website security and availability
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology (Graduates of Engineering, Mathematics, Electrical and Electronics disciplines with a strong bias in computing may be considered)
- Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology (for serving employees only)
- Network or web related professional certifications will be an added advantage
- Membership to a registered and regulated professional body is essential
- Five (5) years post qualification experience in a busy ICT environment (Bachelor’s degree)
- Six (6) years post qualification experience in a busy ICT environment (for serving diploma holders)
- Knowledge and experience in network/web administration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Data analysis and problem solving skills.Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 3rd November, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100