INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB ADVERTISEMENT
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a State Corporation established under the KBC Act (Cap. 221) and operating under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs. The Corporation is committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its mandate is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio services, Television services and Digital Media platforms.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its Corporate objectives. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
RE: RAD/01/05/2022 –ASSISTANT RADIO PROGRAMMES MANAGER SS BE 2 (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Radio Programmes Manager, the job holder will be responsible for assisting in the execution of operational policies, directives, standard procedures, processes and regulations within the department. He/She will work in partnership with the Radio editorial team to deliver outstanding content that meet the changing needs of all audiences in a competitive landscape.
Three (3) years renewable contract subject to good performance.
- Overseeing the implementation of approved radio programmes and radio stations’ strategic plans
- Implementing departmental goals, performance targets and positioning strategies
- Evaluating the radio programmes’ effectiveness and effecting the necessary changes required for improvement
- Implementing the performance management system in the department
- Recommending, facilitating radio production and presenting cycles at the levels of concept processing, coverage, packaging, presentation, dissemination, feedback and follow-up
- Enforcing department’s editorial, ethical, communication and administrative controls
- Overseeing the hiring, training, talent sourcing and evaluation of employees
- Overseeing the processes of work planning, resource procurement/ allocation, work performance, duty allocation, intra and inter-departmental facilitation of tasks
- Ensuring proper implementation of programme schedules for all radio stations
- Developing and delivering strategies to grow audience for radio stations across the board
- Overseeing programme quality, content and editorial guidance for radio programme productions
- Approving radio services concepts, proposals, pilots and properties based on budget projections, value and relevance of ideas, its conformity to editorial policy and station style as well as availability of required resources
- Overseeing scheduling and executing airtime orders and contracts for revenue generation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism from a recognized institution
- Master’s degree in Communication Studies, Mass Communication, Public Relations, or Journalism or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Post-Graduate Diploma / Diploma in Communication, Public Relations or Journalism
- Must be a registered member of a recognized and regulated professional body
- A high level of computer proficiency
Minimum Experience and Competencies
- At least seven (7) years of working experience with at least four (4) years in a managerial role in a large organization.
- A comprehensive understanding of the Media sector and the KBC’s external competitive landscape
- Deep knowledge and insight into processes, operations and KPI’s across various divisions and functions
- Comprehensive understanding of current markets, trends and issues within the broadcasting industry
- Good leadership, people management and interpersonal skills
- Good public relations, advocacy and stakeholder engagement skills.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees.
Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 31st May, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION
P.O. BOX 30456-00100
‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.