Residents mourn the death of three who were electrocuted

Written By: Hunja Macharia
594

Kenya power says the activities have led to disruptions in power supply
KBC-survey-feedback-poster

Three people including a one month old baby were electrocuted to death after a heavy down pour in Kongoni village in Naivasha.

Property worth thousands of shillings was reduced to ashes during the Monday night incident that has left area residents homeless.

It took the intervention of fire fighters from Naivasha sub-county managed to contain the inferno.

The incident has left a sour note on area residents who had enjoyed a happy Easter holiday.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

According to eye witnesses, a heavy downpour accompanied by strong winds rocked the semi-arid area felling trees and electricity poles.

Also Read  Mucheru reaffirms govt's commitment to supporting free media

John Mbugua said that one of the electricity cables fell on one of the wooden houses electrocuting a mother who was breastfeeding her child.

Also Read  Dozens face displacement by floods in Nakuru County

A middle aged man was also electrocuted as he attempted to help thos trapped in a nearby house.

Naivasha MP Jayne Kihara visited the area to mourn with the affected families and pledged to support them recover from the tragedy.

She also called on Kenya Power and Lightning Company [KPLC] to ensure power lines are put up in a way that they can cause havoc to the locals.

Also Read  MKU to establish college of graduate studies and research

Naivasha Assistant County Commissioner John Opondo on his part condoled with the families that lost their loved ones saying investigations on the incident are underway.

The bodies of those who died wre taken to Naivasha sub-county hospital mortuary

 

KBC-You-tube-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think