Ryan Lotche suspended for 10 months

882

RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL - AUGUST 12: (BROADCAST - OUT) Swimmer, Ryan Lochte of the United States poses for a photo with his gold medal on the Today show set on Copacabana Beach on August 12, 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)
KBC-survey-feedback-poster

By Sky News

US swimmer Ryan Lochte has been suspended for 10 months following the scandal surrounding his claim that he had been robbed at gunpoint during the Rio Olympics, according to US media.

The suspension was handed down by the US Olympic Committee and USA Swimming, USA Today reported citing an unnamed source.

Also Read  Garissa to hold First regional Chapa Dimba na Safaricom final

Lochte, 32, lost four of his major sponsors in the wake of the scandal after admitting he “over-exaggerated” his claim about being robbed and held at gunpoint with three other US swimmers.

Get breaking news on your Mobile as-it-happens. SMS ‘NEWS’ to 20153

Brazilian authorities said the group destroyed a bathroom at a petrol station and urinated in public and have recommended that he be charged with falsely reporting a crime.

Also Read  Kenya Prisons men team intensify training ahead of volleyball playoffs

USA Today reported that the three other swimmers – Jack Conger, Gunnar Bentz and Jimmy Feigen – have also been suspended, although for shorter lengths of time.

Lochte would be banned from a championship swim meet in Budapest in 2017, the newspaper added.

Also Read  Tundo, Chager renew rivalry in Saturday's KCB Eldoret Rally

Last month, ABC television said Lochte would be joining the cast of Dancing With The Stars.

The swimmer, who has 12 Olympic medals, said he felt the scandal surrounding his Rio exploits had been blown “way out of proportion

KBC-You-tube-728x90-New-2

Tell Us What You Think


SHARE