Silibwet pulled the upset of the weekend, edging Kenya Police 1-0 as round 11 of the Betika National Super League kicked off on Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
Kenya Police had beat Shabana 2-1 as Silibwet had registered a 2-0 loss in their game against Nairobi Stima in the round ten action, with Silibwet keen to make amends.
Denis Cheruiyot, against all odds, put Silibwet in the driving seat with a 33rd-minute goal, one they held onto until halftime.
After the breather, Kenya Police seemed to be on a quest to find an equalizing goal, however, a spirited effort by Silibwet saw them hold on for all three points.
Shabana on the other end continued with their poor run on the road as they were beaten 2-1 by Soy United in Bukhungu.
The result left them 10th on the table with 15 points, four adrift of the automatic promotion spot.
Sony Sugar picked up three points against Modern Coast Rangers after beating them 2-1 at the Gusii Stadium.
Round 11 Fixtures
- Nairobi Stima 2-1 Kisumu Allstars(Camp Toyoyo, 3 pm)
- Fortune Sacco 2-2 MCF (Kianyaga Stadium, 3 pm)
- Coast Stima 1-0 FC Talanta (Mbaraki Grounds, 1 pm)
- Vihiga Bullets 2-1 Migori Youth (Bukhungu Stadium, 1 pm)
- Silibwet 1-0 Kenya Police (Bomet Stadium, 3 pm)
- Mwatate United 3-2 Mt. Kenya United (Wundanyi Stadium, 3 pm)
- Muranga Seal 1-0 Kisumu Hot Stars (St. Sebastian Park, 3 pm)
- APS Bomet 2-2 Kibera Black Stars (Bomet Stadium, 3 pm)
- Sony Sugar 2-1 Modern Coast Rangers (Gusii Stadium, 3 pm)
- Soy United 2-1 Shabana (Bukhungu Stadium, 3 pm)