Sterling set to return to England Squad ahead of France clash
Raheem Sterling has asked the Football Association to look into him re-joining the England squad at the World Cup in Qatar, according to a source close to the player.
A decision is expected on Thursday, with England playing France in the quarter-finals on Saturday.
The 28 year old Chelsea winger left after reports of a break-in at his Surrey mansion.
Sterling missed England's 3-0 win against Senegal after he returned home.
His representative had said his family were at home on Saturday when there were "armed intruders".
Sterling was said to be "shaken" and concerned for the well-being of his children.
However, in a statement Surrey police then said they were investigating a report of a burglary after the occupants of the house returned to find jewellery and watches had been taken, and that no violence was involved.
No arrests have been made yet in relation to the break-in at Sterling's home.
The FA is yet to reveal exactly what they were told about the incident before Sterling's departure.