Two children die from suspected food poisoning

By KBC Reporter

 

Two children have died in Murten village, Shalpogh Location within Pkomo Sub county in West Pokot County from suspected food poisoning.

The family of seven is said to have started complaining of stomach ache after consuming a meal of beans that were wrapped in polythene bags and later drunk water.

The situation got worse in the night when started experiencing diarrhear, stomach pain and vomiting.

Lack of immediate access to hospital hindered the family from getting medical attention in good time.

“The condition of the two children worsened due to poor road network and long distance from medical,” said the Mother to the deceased children.

The four other who survived are in stable condition and admitted to Chepareria Sub-County hospital.

Deputy County Speaker Johnson Losilian and MCA Teresa Lokichu asked parents to be careful when handling food.

They however noted that the prolonged drought has limited the choices for many residents as they will give anything to their children to keep away the hunger pangs.

The area chief James Longiro and other area leaders appealed for help from the national government to intervene and help supply clean drinking water and food relief.

They asked the National Drought Management Authority (NDMA) to provide usable information to the West Pokot County on the food situation in the region.

  

Latest posts

700 patients recover from Covid-19 as 444 test positive

Christine Muchira

Education CS dismisses critics of Competency-Based Curriculum

Christine Muchira

Covid-19: Government rules out vaccinating children

Claire Wanja

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More