Uber in Kenya has partnered with 10 organisations to launch Uber Rewards, an initiative that will provide driver-partners with exclusive perks for vital services.
The organisations that will have a booth at Uber’s GLH are; NTSA, MP Shah, Flare, Toyotsu, Huawei, Essilor, Kingsway, and Telkom.
About 350 driver-partners and their families attended the Uber Rewards launch event at Uber’s GLH and got free medical checkups ranging from diabetes, blood pressure tests to vision checkups and BMI screenings.
Driver-partners also benefited from mobile phone, telco discounts and giveaways.
The organisations will be housed at Uber’s Greenlight Hub – an ultra-modern office space that serves Uber’s driver-partners as a resource center which provides technical support to drivers driving on the app.
The initiative dubbed Uber Rewards brings together corporates partnering with Uber to help driver-partners reduce costs and reward them for the time they dedicate to driving using the app.
Speaking during the unveil event, Uber Kenya’s Greenlight hub Manager, Emmah Mutunga, said the technology firm is committed to supporting the women and men who drive on the Uber app.
“We listened closely to thousands of driver-partners and from their feedback we were able to identify the benefits they mostly want access to, and so Uber Rewards was developed,” says Mutunga.
Uber in Kenya has formulated partnerships with various corporates to provide tools and offers for driver-partners. From these partnerships Uber is able to offer a dynamic rewards programme which is ultimately designed to help driver-partners stay healthy, grow their businesses and reduce their overall operating costs.
Uber Rewards programme aims to provide driver-partners access to a wide variety of partner discounts and deals. Notable deals include:
- Road Safety: Uber has partnered with National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) to offer driver- partners road regulation trainings as they also inquire about their licenses on a regular basis.
- Cell phone deals: Uber is working with Huawei to offer driver-partners mobile phone plans as driver’s mobile phones are primarily the platform from which they run their businesses. In addition, Uber has also partnered with Telkom Kenya to offer driver-partners with free sim card registration.
- Maintenance: Uber has negotiated some preferential deals for driver-partners to make sure their vehicles are in tip top shape! Kingsway will offer preferential discounts to driver-partners operating on the Uber app as well as a 30% discount on all service related products.
- Health: Uber has partnered with M.P-Shah Hospital to offer regular free medical checkups for all driver-partners who visit Uber’s Greenlight Hub. Driver-partners will also receive free-eye checkups from Essilor from time to time to ensure that they have healthy vision thus promoting road safety.
- Emergency Response: Uber has also partnered with Rescue by Flare Emergency Response to offer free first aid trainings to Uber driver-partners on a monthly basis. This is in line with the company’s mission of providing safe and reliable transportation for both riders and driver-partners.
Also present during the launch event was Uber’s General Manager for East Africa Loic Amado.