Urithi Housing Society to conduct projects tour for its members

Urithi Housing Cooperative Society will starting this Saturday 30th conduct specific tours for its members to the various projects it is under taking.

Urithi Chairman Samuel Maina says they have launched a grand project delivery program which endeavors to address project issues.

In this line, Urithi will therefore hold status meetings for each project with a view of updating its members on the progress of the projects.

The Society will on Saturday tour KAMULU/JOSKA project and has invited members who invested in the project to make time and attend the meetings and give solutions on way forward.

Maina says all this is geared towards projects completion adding that they intend to issues title deeds to more than 40 projects and ensure those that have stalled are completed.

He has now called on all the stakeholders especially the Society members, Staff and Service providers to give Urithi the necessary support in order for them to focus on the most important objective.

According to the Urithi Chairman, the real estate industry has been going through a lot of challenges for the last two years due micro-economic factors on the ground and the general economic crunch.

“Real Estate non-performing loans stood at 15%, Construction companies non-performing loans stood at 8% hence constitutes a total of 23% of non-performing loans from the real estate sector according to 2018 financial report.” He said.

Urithi HCS ltd has been a significant key player in the sector but Maina acknowledges that their greatest challenge has been the delivery of projects.

He said to mitigate on these challenges and ensure sustainability Urithi was forced to drastically reduced its workforce as well as consolidate some offices to reduce operation cost.

Maina has also urged members to be wary of people taking advantage of the situation to create confusion and disquiet among members saying they are hell bent to cast seeds of mistrust and destroy the very fabric of our existence.

“Let’s all remember, our greatest task is delivery and all our energy must focus on three things; delivery, delivery and delivery.” He said.

A comprehensive schedule of the project tours is available in the various Urithi offices across the Country and members have been urged to attend as per the schedule and participate in offering solutions thereof.

  

Latest posts

Eldoret residents petition Police IG over rogue officers

Beth Nyaga

Student razes down dormitory to avoid sitting exams

Beth Nyaga

Narok approves bill to reduce taxes on boda boda, farm produce

Christine Muchira

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More