It’s something out of a sci-fi film.
Other than having a musical streak, it appears that musician Will.i.am has an innovation bone in his body. He has decided to help people protect themselves during the COVID-19 pandemic, and is doing it in style. The Black Eyed Peas frontman has teamed up with engineering company Honeywell and costume designer Jose Fernandez, to create a supermask that has tons of bells and whistles.
- The mask has dual three-speed fans
- The mask has HEPA (high efficiency particulate) filters
- It features Bluetooth connectivity,
- Has LED day glow lights,
- Has noise canceling audio and microphone capabilities,
- Supports seven hours of battery life
- Has a magnetic earbud docking system.
It is called the XUPERMASK and it was inspired by the day to day annoyances that arise when wearing a mask. e.g. muffled phone conversations. XUPERMASK is set to cost a whopping $299 a piece with Will.i.am saying that the price point is not astronomical. “We designed it for that perspective of collecting and ‘drop culture. It’s for that collector, that traveler. The price point is not astronomical….within the same price or just a little above AirPod Pros.” He said.
XUPERMASK drops on the 8th of April on its website xupermask.com