By Claire Wanja
The Wings to Fly applications for the 2016 scholarships has received overwhelming response forcing Equity Group Foundation to extend the application deadline to give all eligible candidates the opportunity to submit their applications.
“Applicants are still dropping their application forms by this morning. That is why we have extended the deadline to Monday to give equal opportunity to all eligible candidates.” said Dr Mwangi the Executive Chairman of Equity Group Foundation and CEO of Equity Bank
Those students who scored 350 marks and above and are from needy backgrounds who missed the application deadline can still pick their forms from any Equity Bank branch and submit by latest Monday 11th January 2016.
Shortlisted pupils will be invited for interviews which will be conducted by the Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) which comprises of key personalities in the district and is chaired by the County Education Director or Sub-County Director of Education Officer.
This year, Wings to Fly is offering 2,000 comprehensive scholarships covering the 4 years of secondary school education.
The Wings to Fly scholarships caters for school fees, pocket money, shopping, books and uniform for the four year education and is a program of Equity Bank, The MasterCard Foundation and Equity Group Foundation.
New dates for the 2,000 Wings to Fly Scholarships selection process;
- Deadline for returning all applications to Equity Bank branches– 11th January 2016
- Shortlisting of eligible candidates by Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB)– 12th and 13th January 2016
- Interviews of all shortlisted candidates – 14th and 15th January 2016
- Home verification visits – 16th to 20th January 2016
- CSSB finalizes on the vetting process and communicates to the final list of beneficiaries –21st January 2016