Kindiki slams opposition over lies, lack of agenda

KBC Digital
4 Min Read

Deputy President Kithure Kindiki says the Kenya Kwanza administration is ready to defend its track record as President William Ruto seeks a second term in the 2027 General Election.

Kindiki said the government will confront its opponents by highlighting the development projects and reforms implemented since taking office in 2022, arguing that its record will distinguish it from the opposition.

- Advertisement -
kbcplus.co.ke #worldcupikokbc

He accused opposition leaders of relying on lies, insults and name-calling instead of presenting an alternative agenda to Kenyans, saying the government will use the coming months to counter what he termed misinformation about its performance.

“President Ruto and I are fully prepared to face wananchi and ask them to vote for us again for the second term. We are ready. We will not come with arrogance demanding your vote as if it is our right like what our opponents who are forcing and threatening you to vote for them. They will be shocked,” Kindiki said.

The Deputy President spoke on Saturday at Kinoru Stadium in Meru, where he addressed more than 40,000 grassroots leaders, opinion shapers, village elders and Community Health Promoters from Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Embu, Kirinyaga, Kitui and Isiolo.

Kindiki said the government will now intensify efforts to counter what he described as false claims by the opposition, stating that its record in office provided tangible evidence of its performance.

“Our opponents have been all over lying to Kenyans the last four years because they have been idle and with nothing to do. All the time, we have been busy at work, employing teachers, ensuring agriculture reforms, better roads, improved health care but we are now ready to face them eye to eye, face to face and expose them in the broad daylight,” the DP said.

“What will distinguish us from them is the massive development we have done in just four years. Most of them have been in power before, some for decades, but they did absolutely nothing but are now out trying to lecture us. The voters will expose you,” he added.

He also criticised opposition leaders for what he described as an agenda centred on insults and nicknames rather than substantive policy proposals.

“Some are attempting to claim some fame because they came up with some nicknames for the opponents and they are running around selling that as their only agenda,” he said.

Kindiki said the government’s development record had been driven by reforms, policy decisions and programmes that he argued were aimed at transforming the country’s economy.

He said the administration’s long-term goal is to position Kenya among developed economies as the country races to attain first-world economic status within the next 30 years.

“Kenya must change and that is why we have spent four years laying the foundation for a better Kenya. That is why we will be coming back to the people for a second term so that we can build on the foundation and continue with the transformation towards first world status in a single generation,” said Kindiki.

Share This Article